West Coast Soccer Club Guidelines for Assistant Coaches
Qualifications for consideration
- Recommendation from a licensed Head Coach
- Youth soccer coaching experience
- Fill out all required information and return to the Head Coach you are requesting to assist.
- Take and pass The Positive Coaching Alliance certification. If you have a player on the team you must also take the parent certification.
- Take and pass the appropriate NSCAA educational course. The Club’s Director of Coaches will help select the required course based on the age and level of the team being applied for.
- West Coast Soccer Club Board approval
- Assist Head Coach with any activity needed to ready team for practice or game
- Assist with team warm up and preparation
- Prepare field equipment and game balls
- Make sure all pre-game volunteers have completed tasks
- Periodically, check team in with and referees
- Time management (Keep game time-eye on substitutions patterns)
- Second set of eyes for Coach (Watch for fatigue, frustration or injuries)
- Bench management (Make sure bench players are focused on game, etc…)
- Assist players with any equipment malfunctions or injury needs
- Give proper input to Head Coach and provide this information when asked upon. Take notes of players from opposing teams
- Always support the coach and the coach’s decisions. If you have a disagreement of any kind talk to the coach in private. Avoid any and all disagreements in front of the players or parents.
- Help gather team and equipment to clear sideline
- Make sure all pre-game volunteers have completed end of game tasks
- Talk with Head Coach about what you saw in the game (Areas that need attention)
- Wear West Coast Soccer apparel to all games, practices & tournaments (especially for team photos)
- Parent Asst Coach will not take part in player evaluations.
- Asst Coach should always support the Head Coach (if any problems arise asst coach should communicate with DOC only)
Print Full Name:_____________________________________ Team Name_______________________________
Contact Cell______________________ Home_________________ Email_______________________
Do you have a child or relative on the team?_____ if yes what team_____________________________________
Years of coaching experience___________ Highest level team coached _________________________________
What soccer clubs have you been affiliated with?_____________________________________________________
Do you hold any coaching licenses or certifications?___________________________________________________
**** If your application is approved, you will need to pass a U.S. Club Soccer criminal background check to receive an official Coaches picture ID. Without this, you are not allowed to be on the player sideline.
Upon completion of the assistant coach prerequisite you are placed on a six month probation period. If for any reason the DOC or board choose to revoke your player pass you agree to without any recourse. Initial__________
Any behavior deemed un-sportsmen, overt, unprofessional, or detrimental towards West Coast Soccer Club coaches, players, referees and parents will be investigated by the West Coast Soccer Board. During the investigation period you are not to participate in any game or practice activities and must forfeit your Norcal pass. Initial__________
Any written complaints from referee associations, other club coaches DOC’s or principles will be investigated by the West Coast Soccer Board and may require forfeiture of your Norcal pass. Initial__________
Any act of violence or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal substance will result in immediate removal from team activities indefinitely and forfeiture of your Norcal pass. Initial__________
If you at anytime are given a red card you will remove yourself from the side line immediately. As soon as possible leave a message for DOC Troy Dayak with a brief explanation. Coach will not be allowed on the sideline until DOC, Norcal PAD & WCS Disciplinary Committee approves & the coaches suspension has been served.
First recorded incident will result in a face to face meeting with DOC and a written warning.
Second incident will result in a 3 game cooling off period and are required to review The Positive Coaching Alliance material.
Third incident you will be removed as assistant coach and Norcal pass is forfeited. Initial__________
Print Name Date